Why Buy from an Authorised Dealer?
Projector Source Canada is an Authorised direct dealer for the audio visual products we sell. We’ve been in business for over 17 years, and in this time established good relationships with our manufacturers. This means you get ultimate peace of mind, great service and technical expertise second to none.
Authorised dealers, like Projector Source Canada, give you these benefits:
- Manufacturer warranties are always honoured
- Can often secure lower prices than dealers who buy via a distributor
- We have to complete sales training and service training, to receive direct authorised level
- The direct manufacturer training we receive gets passed onto you
- We provide full service and support for the items we sell
- We purchase directly from the Manufacturer, and hold our own stock, in our own warehouse so products get to you faster
- We’re required by the manufacturers to show fiscal responsibility and proper business practices
Internet / Online Shopping Fraud
The internet has more online stores selling projectors and audio visual equipment than ever before. With this growth it is important to keep in mind the risks of fraud and to protect yourself accordingly. Regrettably we are seeing more and more people fall victim to fraud in our industry. These are common issues and poor sales tactics our customers have told us about when dealing is other companies:
- Grey Market Goods – This means the product was imported from another country (outside of Canada), so the warranty isn’t honoured by the manufacturer. Be careful of buying equipment from US online stores that could invalidate your warranty.
- Included Parts Cost Extra – Some stores may remove included items from the box such as, cables, remotes, power cords, lamps, etc. and then charge you extra for these items.
- Hidden Charges – Watch out for hidden charges that don’t show up until your credit card statement arrives. Unethical resellers may add additional service charges, extra taxes, overpriced insurance, currency transaction fees, and cross-border transactional fees.
- Import Duties – Most audio visual equipment carries with it an import duty at Canada customs. The duty rates can vary from 2% to over 24% depending on the item you purchase. Please be fully aware of the duty rates when buying products from the US, and ask the seller what rate you should expect to pay at customs.
- Excessive Cross-Border Shipping Costs – Be aware of high shipping costs of some items (e.g. projector screens) when shipping across Canada and from the US.
How to protect yourself?
The best way to protect yourself is to buy from an authorised dealer. The next best way is to request a written quote on all the items you purchase and request they show all of the charges. Also, don’t forget the golden rule, “If the price looks too good to be true, it probably is!”.
If you have any questions or concerns we’re here to help. Just give us a call at 1(800) 821-3021.